DevHeads.net

Development

Config project session on 17th Oct, 2017 in RDO Office Hour

Hello,

We are pleased to announce that adarazs and sshnaidm are going to talk
about config project during upcoming RDO office Hour on 17th Oct, 2017
(Tue) at 13:30:00 UTC on #rdo IRC channel on Freenode server.

The config repository[1.] contains the configuration used to manage
<a href="https://review.rdoproject.org" title="https://review.rdoproject.org">https://review.rdoproject.org</a> . By using the same config, we
add/manage RDO package repositories as well as rolling out different
CI jobs against
Tripleo and RDO.

CentOS PaaS SIG meeting (2017-10-11)

Hello,
It's time for our weekly PaaS SIG sync-up meeting

Time: 1700 UTC - Wedensdays (date -d "1700 UTC")
Where: IRC- Freenode - #centos-devel

Agenda:
- OpenShift Current Status
-- rpms
-- Automated rpm building and Automated testing
-- Multi-arch
-- Documentation
-- Images and Image building
-- minishift
-- kompose
- Open Floor

Minutes from last meeting:
<a href="https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/october/centos-devel.2017-10-04-17.00.log.html" title="https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/october/centos-devel.2017-10-04-17.00.log.html">https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/october/centos-devel.2017-10-04-17.0...</a>

meetbot/centbot meeting minutes available after each new meeting

When we started to expose the minutes of the meetings held in
#centos-devel (on irc.freenode.net) on the website some time ago, it was
mandatory for someone from infra team to pull/organize/push the minutes
files to <a href="https://www.centos.org/minutes" title="https://www.centos.org/minutes">https://www.centos.org/minutes</a>.

Thanks to the work that was done by John R Dennison (Bahumbug nick name
on irc) we automated the work behind the scene so that after each
meeting, when a SIG chair terminates the meetbot meeting, the full link
to the meeting minutes will be displayed in #centos-devel and those will
be directly available under https://www.centos.org/minutes/$path

Upcoming Openstack/RDO (Pike release) cloud in CI environment

Hi,

Some of you know that we deployed initially an RDO/Openstack cloud in
the CI environment, so that it would be possible to get cloud
instances/VMs instead of bare metal when having to test something.
Such VMs could/can also be used to add multiple jenkins slaves when needed.

The needed work in Duffy wasn't yet merged, so the CI projects couldn't
already request a VM (yet).

With the fact the it was based on Newton (now EOL) and that also we're
slowly adding other arches (like aarch64, ppc64, ppc64le) in CI, we
discussed the best way to add those arches to existing cloud, but that's
not po

New rh-php71 software collection available for testing

New RHSCL 3.0 Beta is available for testing [1]

The new rh-php71 collection is also available in the
centos-sclo-rh-testing repostiory for CentOS users.

The new collection provides PHP 7.1.8, pear 1.10.4 and APCu 5.1.8.

Additional community maintained packages are also available in the
centos-sclo-sclo-testing repository [2].

Remi.

[1] upstream announcement:
<a href="https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2017/10/04/red-hat-updates-python-php-node-js-supports-new-arches/" title="https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2017/10/04/red-hat-updates-python-php-node-js-supports-new-arches/">https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2017/10/04/red-hat-updates-python-php...</a>

[2] extensions list
<a href="https://blog.remirepo.net/post/2017/02/23/Additional-PHP-packages-for-RHSCL" title="https://blog.remirepo.net/post/2017/02/23/Additional-PHP-packages-for-RHSCL">https://blog.remirepo.net/post/2017/02/23/Additional-PHP-packages-for-RHSCL</a>

P.S.

CentOS PaaS SIG meeting (2017-10-04)

Hello,
It's time for our weekly PaaS SIG sync-up meeting

Time: 1700 UTC - Wedensdays (date -d "1700 UTC")
Where: IRC- Freenode - #centos-devel

Agenda:
- OpenShift Current Status
-- rpms
-- Automated rpm building and Automated testing
-- Multi-arch
-- Documentation
-- Images and Image building
-- minishift
-- kompose
- Open Floor

AltArch content for SIGs

hi
on Wed next week ( 04th Oct ) I will be turning on the altarch push for
SIG's. This would be content that lands in the same place as the
supporting distro ( so under /altarch and not /centos on the mirrors ).

Please sync with Brian, Fabian or Thomas to make sure your release tag's
are in place, and they know about them so they can add it to the content
control files.

note that you will also need new -release files that can be dropped into
the Extras/ for the supporting distro tree's

regards

Ceph/Luminous availble in CBS for testing

Hi,

we now have in CBS ceph luminous tagged for testing [2] and in centos
extras a package to install the .repo file [1]

Presently it should be possible to install ceph luminous by doing the
following:

* install centos-release-ceph-luminous from [1]
* enable the -test repo in /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Ceph-Luminous.repo
* yum install ceph-{mon,...}

Basic sanity check suggests all the necessary dependencies are there,
ansible has been removed from the ceph repos because it is now shipped
via centos extras.

Ken, do you think we can tag these builds for -release?

If so we can start consuming

error: COS74: nss-softokn, ec.c, ECCurve25519 undeclared

I build nss and nss-softokn on a regular basis and follow the updates.
I am seeing this new error with nss-softokn-3.28.3-8.el7_4.src.rpm

ec.c:21:7: error: 'ECCurve25519' undeclared here (not in a function)
{ ECCurve25519,

Does this ring any bells? Or any suggestion appreciated.

CentOS PaaS SIG meeting (2017-09-27)

Hello,
It's time for our weekly PaaS SIG sync-up meeting

Time: 1700 UTC - Wedensdays (date -d "1700 UTC")
Where: IRC- Freenode - #centos-devel

Agenda:
- OpenShift Current Status
-- rpms
-- Automated rpm building and Automated testing
-- Multi-arch
-- Documentation
-- Images and Image building
-- minishift (marcindulak and lalatenduM)
-- kompose (cdrage (candate) pradeepto (india) and tkral (brno))
- Open Floor

Minutes from last meeting:
<a href="https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/september/centos-devel.2017-09-20-17.00.log.html" title="https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/september/centos-devel.2017-09-20-17.00.log.html">https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/september/centos-devel.2017-09-20-17...</a>

Expiring/Disabling ACO account[s]

It was already discussed several times during CBS meetings [1] but in
the last one held yesterday [2] we decided to enforce the following rules :

- People with active account on <a href="https://accounts.centos.org" title="https://accounts.centos.org">https://accounts.centos.org</a> who had a
TLS cert expiring in the following two weeks (now 3 weeks) will get a
weekly mail notification (already in place for some months now) to
invite them to renew their TLS cert

= New
- People still marked as "active" in ACO but who ignored the weekly
reminder will get a different reminder when their cert expired.

Python 3

What is the long term plan for inclusion of Python 3?

LinchPin v1.0.4 (bugfix) has been released

Hi all,

We are happy to announce that LinchPin v1.0.4 has been released.

automating paas auth to CBS

Hi Clint,

Recently I was looking into automatically building some ceph packages in
CBS, and I was curious how you're doing automatic CBS builds with the paas user.

I'm guessing you've generated the paas CentOS FAS x509 cert with
centos-cert, and then you upload that .centos.cert file into some
Jenkins instance? Is that ci.centos.org or something else?

I see mention of the account creation @
<a href="https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11465" title="https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11465">https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11465</a>, but there's no mention of
how long-lived this FAS x509 cert is.

latest thunderbird is missing n git

Hi,

I found another item missing. The latest centos branded version for
thunderbird is missing in git.

Thanks,

Jacco

New CentOS Atomic Host with OverlayFS Storage

The CentOS Atomic SIG has released an updated version
(<a href="https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic/Download" title="https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic/Download">https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic/Download</a>) of
CentOS Atomic Host (7.1708), a lean operating system designed to run
Docker containers, built from standard CentOS 7 RPMs, and tracking the
component versions included in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host.

This release, which is based on the RHEL 7.4 source code
(<a href="https://seven.centos.org/2017/08/centos-linux-7-1708-based-on-rhel-7-4-source-code/" title="https://seven.centos.org/2017/08/centos-linux-7-1708-based-on-rhel-7-4-source-code/">https://seven.centos.org/2017/08/centos-linux-7-1708-based-on-rhel-7-4-s...</a>),
includes an updated kernel that supports overlayfs container storage,
among other enhancements.

CentOS Atomic Host includes t

CentOS PaaS SIG meeting (2017-09-20)

Hello,
It's time for our weekly PaaS SIG sync-up meeting

Time: 1700 UTC - Wedensdays (date -d "1700 UTC")
Where: IRC- Freenode - #centos-devel

Agenda:
- OpenShift Current Status
-- rpms
-- Automated rpm building and Automated testing
-- Multi-arch
-- Documentation
-- Images and Image building
-- minishift
-- kompose
- Open Floor

Minutes from last meeting:
<a href="https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/september/centos-devel.2017-09-06-17.00.log.html" title="https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/september/centos-devel.2017-09-06-17.00.log.html">https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/september/centos-devel.2017-09-06-17...</a>

qemu-kvm-ev 2.9.0 not yet on mirrors.centos.org

Hi,
can we please have qemu-kvm-ev pushed to mirrors ASAP?
We tagged it for release while 7.4 was being pushed to mirrors to be picked
up at first sync but looks like it's still hanging somewhere.
It's becoming a serious with people starting upgrading to CentOS 7.4.

Thanks,

7.4.1708 sources are missing on vault.centos.org

Hi,

You're probably aware, but the sources of 7.4.1708 are still missing.
Somewhere last night all directories were created, but most of them (all
but 'rt') are still empty.

Jacco

SIG content for altarch not landing yet on mirrors.centos.org

Hi,
I hoped that CentOS 7.4 release would have helped closing gaps between
x86_64 and other arches, but sadly it didn't happen.
What do we need to do for getting the following bugs moving on?
<a href="https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=13633" title="https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=13633">https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=13633</a> - opstools SIG aarch64 and
ppc64le released packages are not published
<a href="https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=13283" title="https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=13283">https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=13283</a> - Virt and OpsTools SIG altarch
packages are not published on mirror.centos.org
<a href="https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11457" title="https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11457">https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11457</a> - Please establish publishing
pipeline for ovirt 4.0 altarch hierarchy (well, now should be 4.1 not 4.0)

I guess other SIGs are in

where is the centos-packager source?

Is there a Git repository with the source code for the centos-packager package?

I'm interested in adding a feature to centos-cert to allow downloading
the CAs without re-generating a user cert (basically splitting up
download_cert() in /usr/bin/centos-cert.)

This would make it easier to run cbs in Jenkins with ephemeral cloud
slaves, without having to hardcode the
<a href="https://accounts.centos.org/ca/ca-cert.pem" title="https://accounts.centos.org/ca/ca-cert.pem">https://accounts.centos.org/ca/ca-cert.pem</a> URL in the job's code.

It also looks like the centos-packager.spec's License field says
"GPLv2+", whereas the COPYING file is the GPLv3, so it would be good
to make these align.

- Ken

Publishing pre-baked OpenShift Origin images

In openshift-ansible we've been working on tooling to create golden images
and shift the model from running ansible on each provisioned host to
creating hosts that bootstrap themselves when provided an API endpoint and
a token. We'd like to explore publishing a Centos based Origin AMI so that
people could use an existing image without even having to bake their own.

Should we coordinate this through either SIG Cloud or SIG PaaS or should we
just go ahead and do it on our own for now and work to integrate with those
SIGs in the future?

RDO meeting - 2017-09-13

==============================
#rdo: RDO meeting - 2017-09-13
==============================

Meeting started by chandankumar at 15:02:00 UTC.

LinchPin v1.0.3 (bugfix) has been released

Hi all,

We are happy to announce that LinchPin v1.0.3 has been released.

No Paas SIG meeting this week

I forgot that I was going to be at a conference this week and not be
able to make the Paas SIG meeting. If someone else wants to run the
meeting this week, they can.
I currently don't know of anything new this week, but if you have an
announcement that can't wait an extra week, feel free to sent it to
centos-devel.
Sorry about cancelling this week.
Troy

SRPMS for AltArch (more specifically aarch64 kernel)

Hi folks,

I've asked on IRC and have been pointed to this list.

I can't seem to find this particular source rpm:

kernel-aarch64-4.5.0-29.el7.src.rpm

which is what is pointed by `rpm -qi kernel` on my system.

Are these supposed to be available anywhere? Looking on google I only
see one for an older release in someone's centos user/people page, but I
can't seem to find these in any repo.

The debuginfo are properly here but it's good to have sources as well
when messing around with low level stuff :)

Cheers and thanks for the hard work,

CentOS 7.4.1708 as basic el7 buildroot in CBS

Hi,

As discussed on the list, we wanted to push 7.4.1708 first to CBS/Koji
and at the same time to CI (so that what's built against a specific tree
can be tested against the same set of pkgs in CI)

We'll so make it 7.4.7108 available within CBS in the next hours, and
for *all* arches actually covered within CBS.

That means that we'll switch (before it's pushed to external mirrors and
so be announced) the buildroots to start using the following repositories:

7.4.1708/{os,updates,extras}

That will be so done in parallel for x86_64,aarch64,ppc64,ppc64le .

We're just launching some sanity te

oVirt 4.2 preparations - ppc64le repository closure

Hi,
I'm checking what's missing for repository closure on ppc64le for the
future oVirt 4.2 and I've this:

echo "Checking Virt SIG 4.2 candidate ppc64le"
dnf --quiet --refresh repoclosure --arch=ppc64le \
--repofrompath=42candidate_ppc,
<a href="https://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt7-ovirt-42-candidate/ppc64le/os/" title="https://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt7-ovirt-42-candidate/ppc64le/os/">https://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt7-ovirt-42-candidate/ppc64le/os/</a>
--check=42candidate_ppc \
--repofrompath=common_candidate_ppc,
<a href="https://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt7-ovirt-common-candidate/ppc64le/os" title="https://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt7-ovirt-common-candidate/ppc64le/os">https://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt7-ovirt-common-candidate/ppc64le/os</a>
--check=common_candidate_ppc \
--repofrompath=base_ppc,http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/os/ppc64le/
--repo=base_ppc \
--repofrompath=extra_ppc,
ht

ansible in CentOS Extras

hi,

https://git.centos.org/log/rpms!ansible.git/c7-extras

is now in CentOS-Extras/ - this is going to impact every SIG that uses
ansible in and from cbs.centos.org, or needs specific versions pin'd for
their roles ( paas / cloud sig etc )

is there anything the SIG's need to validate before this content hits
mirror.centos.org in a few days time ?

CentOS PaaS SIG meeting (2017-09-06)

Hello,
It's time for our weekly PaaS SIG sync-up meeting

Time: 1700 UTC - Wedensdays (date -d "1700 UTC")
Where: IRC- Freenode - #centos-devel

Agenda:
- OpenShift Current Status
-- rpms
-- Automated rpm building and Automated testing
-- Multi-arch
-- Documentation
-- Images and Image building
-- minishift (marcindulak and lalatenduM)
-- kompose (cdrage (candate) pradeepto (india) and tkral (brno))
- Open Floor

Minutes from last meeting:
<a href="https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/august/centos-devel.2017-08-23-17.01.log.html" title="https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/august/centos-devel.2017-08-23-17.01.log.html">https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/august/centos-devel.2017-08-23-17.01...</a>

Running openshift cluster on aarch64

Hi,
I am trying to setup openshift allinone cluster in aarch64.
I tried few ways.

1. RPM:
a. I installed the origin RPMs from the centos cbs [1]. started origin
and while trying run the registry with pods it pulls the x86_64
origin-pod and deployer. so fails with go panic.
b. tried running origin start, dockerregistry with config. pods are
running but builds are not starting saying invalid registry endpoints
(as it is trying to push the built image to internal registry)

2.

rpmbuild failure when extracting debuginfo

I get the following failure in cbs builds during the extraction of debug
info.

+ /usr/lib/rpm/find-debuginfo.sh --strict-build-id -m --run-dwz
--dwz-low-mem-die-limit 10000000 --dwz-max-die-limit 110000000
/builddir/build/vpp-17.10
extracting debug info from
/builddir/build/BUILDROOT/vpp-17.10-rc0~267_ge1a0ab3.x86_64/usr/lib64/libvlib.so.0.0.0
extracting debug info from
/builddir/build/BUILDROOT/vpp-17.10-rc0~267_ge1a0ab3.x86_64/usr/lib64/libjvpp_common.so.0.0.0
extracting debug info from
/builddir/build/BUILDROOT/vpp-17.1

Question about building python with python2 macros

I have come upon a problem building python packages.

The upstream spec file I am using makes heavy use of %py2_build macro
which causes builds to fail in cbs because

this macro is provided by python2-rpm-macros. That macro is in EPEL and
not available for cbs builds.

Should I just replace py2_build with its expansion as found in

python2-rpm-macros?

--TFH

RDO Pike released

The RDO community is pleased to announce the general availability of the
RDO build for OpenStack Pike for RPM-based distributions, CentOS Linux 7
and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. RDO is suitable for building private,
public, and hybrid clouds.

kick starting duffy2 dev on github

hi everyone,

I've started working on duffy2 here : <a href="https://github.com/kbsingh/duffy2" title="https://github.com/kbsingh/duffy2">https://github.com/kbsingh/duffy2</a>
- there is a base framework in place there that should give you an idea
on how this all comes together, I will keep pushing bits - but this will
likely get major momentum once we are done with 7.1708

Everyone is welcome to come join the effort, but I would highly
recommend joining the ci-users list to track what is going on.

We will have no private meetings about this, all conversation to be kept
to the ci-users list, bugs.centos.org and the github repo itself.

regards

missing rpms in CR

Hi,

when looking through the recently released CR rpm set, I think I miss
these RPMs:

scap-security-guide

scap-workbench

virt-who

as far as I can see, these used to be part of 7.1611, were updated on
git.centos.org for 7.1708, but were not build (no directory on
buildlogs) and are not in the CR set.

Jacco

clearing out SIG content / trimming obsoleted content

hi

with 7.1708 almost here, now would be a good time for the SIG's to think
through if they want to lose existing obsoleted code from
mirror.centos.org and have it moved to vault.

When we do a new release, the tree for this version is built up manually
and then pushed, so its a good convenient time to think about what the
users are looking at, and perhaps trim the repos ( we typically will do
this for centosplus/extras etc as well )

please get in touch with Brian or Thomas or myself for details, ideally
open a request on bugs.centos.org/

regards

CentOS PaaS SIG meeting (2017-08-23)

Hello,
It's time for our weekly PaaS SIG sync-up meeting

Time: 1700 UTC - Wedensdays (date -d "1700 UTC")
Where: IRC- Freenode - #centos-devel

Agenda:
- OpenShift Current Status
-- rpms
-- Automated rpm building and Automated testing
-- Multi-arch
-- Documentation
-- Images and Image building
-- minishift
-- kompose
- Open Floor
-- Will anyone be available next week for the meeting?

Troy

dep problems in centos-release-openshift-origin36

hi

Cant install the ansible stack ( and therefore the utils, installer etc
) from the origin36 repos. Failing as :

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: ansible-2.2.2.0-3.el7.noarch (centos-openshift-origin36)
Requires: python-keyczar
Error: Package: ansible-2.2.2.0-3.el7.noarch (centos-openshift-origin36)
Requires: sshpass
Error: Package: ansible-2.2.2.0-3.el7.noarch (centos-openshift-origin36)
Requires: python-httplib2
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Plan for releasing CentOS CR into CBS and CI

Hi Folks,

We've had a few discussions around how to handle releasing CR
(<a href="https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR" title="https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR">https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR</a>) over the
past few days.

When we last checked in, there was still a bit of work going on building
and testing pre-release CR (the QA team has been hard at work), and the
altarch builds were still in progress.

cloud-init differs between git and buildlogs

Hi,

I found another instance of srpm on buildlogs not matching with git:
cloud-init

This time around the git version is newer though.
If this package is going to make CR, we should probably rebuild it with
the CentOS patches included.

Jacco

PS, an entry in the changelog in the specfile would also be nice

OpenShift Origin 3.6 is released on CentOS

Hello,
We have officially released OpenShift Origin 3.6 on CentOS.

You should be able to install it via our generic repo, which tracks
the latest release.

yum install centos-release-openshift-origin
yum install origin-clients (or whichever package you want)

You should also be able to install it via our release specific repo

yum install centos-release-openshift-origin36
yum install origin-clients (or whichever package you want)

<a href="https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/PaaS/OpenShift-Quickstart" title="https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/PaaS/OpenShift-Quickstart">https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/PaaS/OpenShift-Quickstart</a>

One item of note.

Disk size on Vagrant image

I have some development projects that require a large amount of disk on the
VM, and are running into issues with the current centos/7 Vagrant box. Is
it possible to increase the disk size of the Vagrant image to 100, or even
200 GB? Since this is a sparse image, I don't believe the change will have
any affect on people using less disk space, it will only use up as much
space on the host system as is in use on the VM.

Laurențiu, what do you think?

Thanks,
Jeff

CentOS PaaS SIG meeting (2017-08-16)

Hello,
It's time for our weekly PaaS SIG sync-up meeting

Time: 1700 UTC - Wedensdays (date -d "1700 UTC")
Where: IRC- Freenode - #centos-devel

Agenda:
- OpenShift Current Status
-- rpms
-- Automated rpm building and Automated testing
-- Multi-arch
-- Documentation
-- Images and Image building
-- minishift (marcindulak and lalatenduM)
-- kompose (cdrage (candate) pradeepto (india) and tkral (brno))
- Open Floor

Minutes from last meeting:
<a href="https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/august/centos-devel.2017-08-09-17.00.log.html" title="https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/august/centos-devel.2017-08-09-17.00.log.html">https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/august/centos-devel.2017-08-09-17.00...</a>

Openjdk-1.8.0 update 144

Hello

do you know anybody when will last java update available in
CentOS/fedora? I have problem with internet banking which refuse to work
with last 141 update available in CentOS.

Pavel

Need Ceph ppc64le builds to update to Jewel 10.2.9

Hi,

I've successfully imported and did a scratch build of Ceph Jewel
10.2.9 [1] in order to update from 10.2.7.

Information on the release:
- Spec changes [2]
- Changelog (note: updating from 10.2.7, 10.2.8 is avoided) [3]

I was looking forward to make it available for testing soon but I've
noticed that build failures on ppc64le are currently blocking new
builds.

Can we get that looked into sometime soon ?

Thanks !

[1]: <a href="https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=209182" title="https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=209182">https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=209182</a>
[2]: <a href="https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/ceph/commit/48c41edaa31c3ff45234f4167cc00756099c298e" title="https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/ceph/commit/48c41edaa31c3ff45234f4167cc00756099c298e">https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/ceph/commit/48c41edaa31c3ff45234f4...</a>
[3]: <a href="http://docs.ceph.c" title="http://docs.ceph.c">http://docs.ceph.c</a>

New CentOS Atomic Release and Kubernetes System Containers Now Available

Last week, the CentOS Atomic SIG released an updated version
(<a href="https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic/Download" title="https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic/Download">https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic/Download</a>) of
CentOS Atomic Host (7.1707), a lean operating system designed to run
Docker containers, built from standard CentOS 7 RPMs, and tracking the
component versions included in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host.

The release, which came as part of the monthly CentOS release stream,
was a modest one, including only a single glibc bugfix update
(<a href="https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2017-July/022505.html" title="https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2017-July/022505.html">https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2017-July/022505.html</a>).
The next Atomic Host release will be based on the RHEL

1708 ipa

Hi,

I noticed a difference between ipa in git.centos.org and the src.rpm
used on buildlogs.centos.org.

my guess is that the latest manual debranding was not pushed to git.

as a second item: any idea when we could have access to signed versions
of the src.rpms? I know that they might still change, but it would help
me for the redsleeve build effort if I had access to the current
(signed) set.

Jacco

OpenShift Origin 3.6.0 final testing request

Hi All,
We've had origin 3.6.0 out for close to a week.
Thus far it's passed all the tests we have thrown at it. But our
tests might not be your tests.
Please give it a test and report back. I will assume no news is good news.

origin-3.6.0-1.0.c4dd4cf
openshift-ansible-3.6.173.0.3-1.el7.noarch.rpm

CentOS PaaS SIG meeting (2017-08-09)

Hello,
It's time for our weekly PaaS SIG sync-up meeting

Time: 1700 UTC - Wedensdays (date -d "1700 UTC")
Where: IRC- Freenode - #centos-devel

Agenda:
- OpenShift Current Status
-- rpms
-- Multi-arch
-- Documentation
-- Images and Image building
-- minishift (marcindulak and lalatenduM)
-- kompose (cdrage (candate) pradeepto (india) and tkral (brno))
- Open Floor

CentOS cloud images - release details

I’ve been using the latest 1707 QCOW image from the cantos VM image archive and I noticed that the release file still states

[centos@srv-1g16s ~]$ more /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)

Is keeping the the ‘1611’ static deliberate or should that number update to reflect the image release number?

Rgs

Neil Wilson
Brightbox

Container Pipeline: RPM Update tracking disabled temporarily

Hi All,
Due to some issues in RPM update checks, we are temporarily disabling
the feature: image update based on update in RPMS in it, from Centos
Community Container Pipeline Service[1].

Impact:
* Any update in RPM will not trigger its image rebuilt.

We will update on its resolution.

[1]https://github.com/CentOS/container-pipeline-service

Regards
Bamacharan Kundu

Export licensing for crypto

Vpp package includes an accelerated software IPSecusing the multi-buffer
library.

My understanding is that due to US law, since this is a separate
implementation from OpenSSL, It requires an export license.

We are covered upstream through Linux foundation.

Does Centos.org hold an export license for crypto?

Is this a question for the Centos board?

Thanks,

--Tom

First meeting dates and times

I want to propose a meeting time for NFV SIG:

* Time: 1600 UTC - Wednesdays (date -d "1600 UTC")
* Dates: Wednesday August 16, August 30, September 13, September 27 etc.
* Where: IRC- Freenode - #centos-devel

Please see NFV SIG page for more details.

I updated the NFV SIG page, <a href="https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/NFV" title="https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/NFV">https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/NFV</a>

All feedback is welcome,

--Tom

Is libconfuse-devel package missing from cbs?

Am I doing something wrong?

I get this error in a recent build if vpp when encountering a
BuildRequires pre-requisite in my spec file.

Error: No Package found for libconfuse-devel

I don't get a similar error building the same srpm when doing local
builds with rpmbuild.

====================snip=========================

cbs build --scratch nfv7-vpp-1710-el7 vpp-17.10-rc0~141_gcb58f95.src.rpm

,,,from koji logs

# /usr/bin/yum-builddep --installroot
/var/lib/mock/nfv7-vpp-1710-el7-build-31560-42704/root/
/var/lib/mock/nfv7-vpp-1710-el7-build-31560-42704/root//builddir/build/SRPMS/vpp-

Re: [CentOS-devel] CentOS services being DDoS'd

Le 7 août 2017 1:13 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail- ... at karan dot org> a écrit :
On 07/08/17 12:08, Karanbir Singh wrote:

CentOS services being DDoS'd

hi guys

We've got a service being hammered, and Fabian's had a look - we have no
clear solution on howto best mitigate and manage this. We need help.

buildlogs.centos.org hosts, amongst other things, isos for our monthly
builds - which are being downloaded repeatedly. Fabian, can you add
specifics on what the problem space is ?

The main problem we have is that its causing outage for other services
hosted on the same service, including cbs testing repos

regards

Feedback about the wiki.centos website

Hi,
I am Sufiyan Shaikh. I have recently subscribed to the mailing list of
CentOs. i have been using CentOs since last 2 year so, i thought of
contributing or doing something in the open source community. I am a
student of engineering of computer science branch. I am in my final year
now and i am doing a projet on Open Stack.

Status Update: Centos Community Container Pipeline

Hi All,
Here is an update on the recent works done in Centos Community
Container Pipeline
* Registry is now accessible through UI, <a href="https://registry.centos.org" title="https://registry.centos.org">https://registry.centos.org</a>.
we have only https enabled for now. This lists down all the images and
tags in the registry[1].
* Sentry is set for monitoring application, with updated application
logs and levels.
* Build notification emails are now segregated based on the stage the
service running on.
* Jenkins jobs are now synced with the container-index.

CentOS PaaS SIG meeting (2017-08-02)

Hello,
It's time for our weekly PaaS SIG sync-up meeting

Time: 1700 UTC - Wedensdays (date -d "1700 UTC")
Where: IRC- Freenode - #centos-devel

Agenda:
- OpenShift Current Status
-- rpms
-- Automated rpm building and Automated testing
-- Multi-arch
-- Documentation
-- Images and Image building
-- minishift
-- kompose
- Open Floor

Minutes from last meeting:
<a href="https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/july/centos-devel.2017-07-26-17.00.log.html" title="https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/july/centos-devel.2017-07-26-17.00.log.html">https://www.centos.org/minutes/2017/july/centos-devel.2017-07-26-17.00.l...</a>

Syndicate content