DevHeads.net

Postings by Brian Stinson

SIG Chairs: Please file requests for syncing altarch content to mirror.c.o

Hi Folks,

Now that we're syncing content to mirror.centos.org/altarch (thanks KB!)
we need to be sure we have all the content you expect there.

If you have altarch-enabled koji tags and would like your content signed
and pushed to the /altarch location, please file a bug in the normal
fashion[0].

URLs in centos-release-<sig> packages: /altarch vs. /centos/

Hi Folks,

Now that we have SIG Content in the /altarch directories for CentOS 7 on the
mirrors, we need to come with some requirements and recommendations for dealing
with the different locations.

tl;dr The current thinking is to add the following snippet in the %post of
centos-release and release to all of the arches.

Fwd: [FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2018 - Distributions Devroom Call for Participation

Hi Folks,

If you have topics for the Distro Devroom, now's the time!

Plan for releasing CentOS CR into CBS and CI

Hi Folks,

We've had a few discussions around how to handle releasing CR
(<a href="https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR" title="https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR">https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR</a>) over the
past few days.

When we last checked in, there was still a bit of work going on building
and testing pre-release CR (the QA team has been hard at work), and the
altarch builds were still in progress.

FOSDEM 2017 - Distributions Devroom

FOSDEM 2017 - Distributions Devroom Call for Participation

The Distributions devroom will take place 4 February, 2017 at FOSDEM, in
room K.4.601 at Université Libre de Bruxelles, in Brussels, Belgium.

Distributions are more than just hosted collections of software from various
upstreams. Each distribution is responsible for problem-solving in building,
testing, and releasing software as well as managing the lifecycle of each
application in the collection.

centos-packager 0.5.4 Released

Hi Packagers!

We have pushed an update to centos-packager containing 3 bugfixes and
added COPR builds for Fedora 25.

See <a href="https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CentosPackager" title="https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CentosPackager">https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CentosPackager</a> for instructions about
how to install it on your workstation.

Highlights:

- - Updated the path to the serverca bundle in the koji config
(<a href="https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=12110" title="https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=12110">https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=12110</a>)

- - Use more restrictive permissions when downloading to ~/.centos.cert
for multi-user workstations.
(<a href="https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=12011" title="https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=12011">https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=12011</a>)

- - Update some references to accounts.centos.org in the help text of the
centos-cert tool

P

python-centos-0.1.1-1 Released, centos-packager built for f24 certificate expiration

Hi Folks,

I've released an update to python-centos that fixes an issue when
running `centos-cert -v`. The tool will now check the expiration date of
your accounts.centos.org user certificate and report it invalid if it's
expired. You should find python-centos-0.1.1-1 in CentOS-Extras shortly.

I also used this opportunity to publish builds for the centos-packager
suite in COPR for Fedora 24, you can find those here:
<a href="https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bstinson/centos-packager/" title="https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bstinson/centos-packager/">https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bstinson/centos-packager/</a>

If you have any feedback or questions, let us know here.

Cheers!

CBS/Infra Meeting 14-Mar-2016 14h00 UTC

Hi Folks,

Just a reminder that we will be having our CBS meeting this Monday
(14-Mar) at 14h00 UTC. Note: This is the first meeting after Daylight
Savings Time begins in some parts of the world, so be sure your
calendars line up at 14h00.

Cheers!

No CBS Meeting Today

Hi Folks,

We will not be having a CBS meeting Today. Let's use this thread to line
up discussion items for next week.

Cheers!

--Brian

NO CBS/Infra Meeting 08-Feb-2016

Hi Folks,

I know some of us (myself included) are traveling or recovering from the Dojo ->
FOSDEM -> cfgmgmt -> Devconf marathon, so let's cancel this week's
meeting. I'll send out a list of open action items here to the list
sometime between airplanes tomorrow.

Cheers!
--Brian

Naming scheme and lorax parameters for userland + non-distro kernel builds

Hi All,

I'm working on putting some things together for a couple of the Intel
boards (Edison, Jaguarboard, etc.) and was wondering if there's a
standard way we should be naming things on the install media.

For the rpi2, we use 'CentOS Altarch 7 (1511) Userland for armhfp'

A lot of the Intel boards out there require a newer or otherwise
non-distro kernel so I was considering titling the install media like
this:

CentOS Altarch 7 (1511) Userland for x86_64

Not sure if the 'Altarch' bit applies because it's the standard x86_64
userland (no rebuilding needed).

Reminder: Distributions Devroom CFP - Deadline 10-December

On Nov 02 15:46, Brian Stinson wrote:

CBS/Infra Meeting 09-Nov-2015 1400UTC

Hi All,

It's time for another meeting to talk about the Community Build
System[0]. We will meet in #centos-devel on irc.freenode.net

NOTE: This is the first meeting after many locales have toggled Daylight
Savings time, so the local time of this meeting may be different from the
previous one.

Agenda:
- Status Updates
- Work on the final task list for deploying Central Auth
- Open Floor

See you there!
--Brian

Distributions Devroom CFP

FOSDEM 2016 - Distributions Devroom Call for Participation

The Distributions devroom will take place 30 & 31 January, 2016 at FOSDEM, in
room K.4.201 at Université Libre de Bruxelles, in Brussels, Belgium.

As Linux distributions converge on similar tools, the problem space overlapping
different distributions is growing.

CBS/Infra Meeting 26-Oct-2015 1400UTC

Hi All,

It's time for another meeting to talk about the Community Build
System[0]. We will meet in #centos-devel on irc.freenode.net

Agenda:
- Status Updates
- Work on the final task list for deploying Central Auth
- Open Floor
- Last half of the meeting devoted to a intro presentation to ci.centos.org

See you there!
--Brian

CBS/Infra Meeting 12-Oct-2015 1400UTC

Hi All,

It's time for another meeting to talk about the Community Build
System[0]. We will meet in #centos-devel on irc.freenode.net

Proposed Agenda:
- Cloud SIG was curious about mirroring some tags to
buildlogs.centos.org
- 3rd party Repositories Proposal
- Last half of the meeting devoted to an introduction to ci.centos.org
<a href="https://plus.google.com/events/ckne86ufafpbfm00ducc9rl711g" title="https://plus.google.com/events/ckne86ufafpbfm00ducc9rl711g">https://plus.google.com/events/ckne86ufafpbfm00ducc9rl711g</a>

See you there!
--Brian

CBS/Infra Meeting 28-Sep-2015 1400UTC

Hi All,

It's time for another meeting to talk about the Community Build
System[0]. We will meet in #centos-devel on irc.freenode.net

Proposed Agenda:
- Status Updates:
- General
- Central Auth
- Central Auth release blockers
- EPEL/SIG Packaging Discussion

Cheers!
--Brian

[0]: <a href="http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem" title="http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem">http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem</a>

Community Authentication Working Group Meeting: 29-Sep-2015 1300UTC

Hi Folks,

As some of you know, CentOS is working on deploying FAS2 for central
authentication in the Community Build System. The Fedora Infrastructure
team is working on deploying FAS3 for their needs.

Going forward, we will need a place for us and other projects to work on
features of our authentication systems. One software option is to
explore some of the things FreeIPA brings to the table.

CBS/Infra Meeting 17-Aug-2015 14:00 UTC

Hi All,

We'll be having another meeting to talk about the Commmunity Build
System. Join us in #centos-devel on Freenode.

Proposed Agenda:
- Status Updates
- General
- Central Auth
- Adding remote builders

Cheers!
Brian

Central Auth: Group naming and Process Proposal

Hi All,

We're working on testing instances of FAS for storing our user/group
membership information used by the CBS. I'd like to talk about group
naming and the permissions model to get some input. The goal is to get
these discussions going so we can set up our test environment to mirror
what we'll roll out in production. Consider this a proposal, and please
send comments my way (on-list please!).

Groups will use the convention 'sig-<shortname>', for example: people in
the Cloud SIG will be members of the FAS group 'sig-cloud'.

CBS/Infra Meeting 03-Aug-2015 14:00 UTC

Hi All,

It's time for another meeting to talk about the Community Build
System[0]. We will meet in #centos-devel on irc.freenode.net

Proposed Agenda:
- Status Updates:
- General
- Central Auth
- Upcoming FAS and Tools Testing

Cheers!
Brian

[0]: <a href="http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem" title="http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem">http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem</a>

CBS/Infra Meeting 20-Jul-2015 14:00 UTC

Hi All,

It's time for another meeting to talk about the Community Build
System[0]. We will meet in #centos-devel on irc.freenode.net

Proposed Agenda:
- - Status Updates:
- General
- Central Auth
- - Upcoming Projects

Cheers!
Brian

[0]: <a href="http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem" title="http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem">http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem</a>

CBS/Infra Meeting 06-Jul-2015 14:00 UTC

Hi All,

It's time for another meeting to talk about the Community Build
System[0]. We will meet in #centos-devel on irc.freenode.net

Proposed Agenda:
- - Status Updates:
- General
- Central Auth
- - Upcoming Projects

Cheers!
Brian

[0]: <a href="http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem" title="http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem">http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem</a>

create_sig script: Loop through all koji permissions

A user may have multiple permissions in addition to admin.

Short scheduled Jenkins restart between 15:00 and 16:00 UTC

Hi Folks,

We are working on adding a few plugins to Jenkins and we need to
schedule a very short reboot (we are expecting it to take less than
30 seconds) sometime between 15:00 and 16:00 UTC.

The reboot will happen in that window as soon as the currently running
jobs finish.

If you have any questions, please send email to <a href="mailto: ... at centos dot org"> ... at centos dot org</a>

Cheers!
Brian

SIGS with outstanding blockers on the CBS

Hi All,

I've been lurking at a few SIG meetings this week to get an idea of
which SIGs are blocked on things in the CBS. So far here is a high-level
list of outstanding items:

- Central Authentication for Koji/Gitblit/Lookaside (Priority: HIGH)

- Lookaside upload tools (Priority: HIGH)

- New release of CBS build tools - centpkg, /usr/bin/cbs (Priority: HIGH)

- EPEL package import features in the build tools (Priority: Medium)

- Notifications/Messaging from Koji (Priority: Medium)

If your SIG is blocked on something in the CBS or if you have any
feature requests, please let me know.

CBS/Infra Meeting 08-Jun-2015 14:00 UTC

Hey All,

It's time for another meeting to talk about the Community Build
System[0]. We will meet in #centos-devel on irc.freenode.net

Proposed Agenda:
- - Status Updates:
- General
- Central Auth
- - Fedmsg[1] in the CBS
- - Merging the ci.dev.c.o and ci.c.o Jenkins instances

Cheers!
Brian

Status update on the Central Auth project

Hi All,

I thought I would give a quick update on the status of the Central
Authentication project. Most of these items are being tested in a
staging environment and are not yet in production. Here's what I've
worked on so far:

User DB
=======
FAS (<a href="https://github.com/fedora-infra/fas" title="https://github.com/fedora-infra/fas">https://github.com/fedora-infra/fas</a>) was chosen as our
authentication system, but it needed some work to remove the bits
specific to The Fedora Project.

No CBS meeting Monday 25-May-2015

Hi All,

Since it's a holiday in quite a few places on Monday, there will not
be a meeting this week.

I do plan on hanging around in #centos-devel for a little while starting
at 14:00 UTC if anyone has anything to discuss.

Cheers!
--Brian

Proposal to cancel the CBS meeting scheduled for 11-May-2015

Hi Folks,

Since there's not anything that needs urgent discussion, and since I'll
be travelling for much of the day on Monday I propose we cancel this
week's CBS/Infra meeting. If there are topics that need action, please
reply here and we can handle them on-list.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!
Brian