DevHeads.net

Postings by Nish Aravamudan

git-ubuntu 0.6.2 availlable in the candidate channel

Hello all!

A very active week of git-ubuntu development. We are well on our way
(in our opinions) to enabling a global import of source packages (this
will take a presumably very long time to complete!) and to reimport
the existing repositories (as we are changing the import algorithm,
details below).

git-ubuntu 0.4 available in the edge channel

* Changes from 0.3 in the edge channel:

- Drop python self-tests from the snap (saves about 10M compressed). I
am still working on reducing it more, but to get a fully
self-contained Python environment at the exact versions we need for
python2 and 3 does just take up space.

== Meeting information ==
* #ubuntu-meeting: ubuntu-server-team, 10 Oct at 16:08 — 16:29 UTC
* Full logs at
[[http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2017-10-10-16.08.log.html]]

== Meeting summary ==

=== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ===
The discussion about "Review ACTION points from previous meeting"
started at 16:08.

* ''ACTION:'' nacc to write a release notes entry on ipv6 netboot
(carried over)
* ''ACTION:'' nacc to write a server guide entry on ipv6 netboot
(carried over)
* ''ACTION:'' rbasak to add maintainership info to mys

git-ubuntu 0.3 now building in the edge channel

Changes from 0.2.2 in the edge snap:

- Fix LP: #1705542, to ensure that imported commits are not signed
(we don't have the uploaders' keys).

- Fix LP: #1711174, which allows `git ubuntu lint` to verify that a
given bugfix is based off the correct branch.

- Fix LP: #1718469, which fixes support for GIT_DIR.

- Fix LP: #1718019, which ensures we only use Launchpad as a source
of publication data.

- Fix LP: #1713530, which ensures we pass -v for Ubuntu merge builds.

- Manpages are now available in the snap.

git-ubuntu 0.2.2 now available in the stable and edge channels

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 3:49 PM, Nish Aravamudan
<nish. ... at canonical dot com> wrote:

git-ubuntu 0.2.1 now available in the stable and edge channels

Hello all,

* Changes from 0.1 to 0.2:

- a LXD container is used by default with `git ubuntu build`/`git
ubuntu build-source` in order for build-dependencies to be installed
and `./debian/rules clean` to run. For now, we assume LXD is already
configured. If LXD is not desired, --no-lxd can be passed to
build/build-source.

- The snap versioning is derived from the git tags and hashes.

- `git ubuntu lint` no longer clobbers the working tree

- Significant snap refactoring (our original intent was to release 0.2
last week, but this took a week to get done).

Pilot Report

Queue at start: 69

pad.lv/1706946 - sponsored sync
pad.lv/1705850 - sponsored sync
pad.lv/1677329 - unsubbed sponsors, patch already sponsored
pad.lv/1584431 - sponsored via git workflow
pad.lv/1671951 - unsubbed sponsors after IRC discussion
pad.lv/1709670 - sponsored to artful, unsubbed sponsors for zesty upload
as slashd can upload there

Queue at end: 65

Server Team Meeting minutes 2017-08-01

== Meeting information ==
* #ubuntu-meeting: ubuntu-server-team, 01 Aug at 16:05 &mdash; 16:18 UTC
* Full logs at
<a href="http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2017-08-01-16.05.log.html" title="http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2017-08-01-16.05.log.html">http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2...</a>

== Meeting summary ==

=== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ===
The discussion about "Review ACTION points from previous meeting"
started at 16:05.

* ''ACTION:'' nacc to write a release notes entry on ipv6 netboot
(carried over)
* ''ACTION:'' nacc to write a server guide entry on ipv6 netboot
(carried over)
* ''ACTION:'' rbasak to add maintainership info to mysql tri

Server Team meetings: 2017-05-16

Minutes and action items from today's server team meeting are now posted
and available here:
<a href="http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2017-05-16-16.02.html" title="http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2017-05-16-16.02.html">http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2...</a>

Next week's agenda is available here:
<a href="https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting" title="https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting">https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting</a>

Thanks!

Ubuntu Server Meeting minutes (14.3.17)

Hello,

Minutes and action items from today's server team meeting are now
posted at: <a href="http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2017-03-14-16.02.html" title="http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2017-03-14-16.02.html">http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2...</a>

Next weeks' agenda is available here:
<a href="https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting" title="https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting">https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting</a>

Thanks,
Nish

pilot report

Got a little distracted by my own uploads, but:

pad.lv/1663754: merge src:deluge
pad.lv/1663329: sponsor sync of src:nagios-npre
pad.lv/1550210: updated with comment regarding imagemagick merge (stuck
in proposed due to emacs25), may need to re-merge (and pick up Debian
fix) next week
pad.lv/1564778: added comment asking for corrected versioning of SRUs

This last bug had me a bit stumped -- the underlying issue is a
src:sane-backends issue when upgrading from 14.04 to 16.04. The only
release that needs the fix is 16.04, as that's the gate for upgrades
from 14.04.

locale issue in phpmyadmin build

phpmyadmin has been stuck in z-p for some time because of a testcase
failure (tests were only recently updated to run during the build) and
it seems to be a locale/iconv issue. The testcase in question is
attempting to //TRANSLIT the euro symbol, and iconv issues an error on
the euro symbol under C.UTF-8. I am able to reproduce this on the shell
a la: <a href="http://paste.ubuntu.com/23962998/" title="http://paste.ubuntu.com/23962998/">http://paste.ubuntu.com/23962998/</a>

I noticed the POSIX behavior, in contrast, because my lxd container
where I was testing was working and that was the default locale.

Server team meeting minutes: 2016-11-29

Minutes are posted at: <a href="https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20161129" title="https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20161129">https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20161129</a>

Highlights:

* Most of the team is involved with merges and bugwork.

* Canonical Server Team is sprinting next week, so no meeting.

* Next meeting will be on Tuesday, Dec 13th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.
smoser to chair.

Thanks,
Nish

Re: Merge python-django 1:1.10.3 from Debian unstable

In the interest of getting wider testing, if you have any dependencies
on python-django, I've provided a merged version (1.10.3-2ubuntu1~ppa1)
at: <a href="https://launchpad.net/~nacc/+archive/ubuntu/lp1605278" title="https://launchpad.net/~nacc/+archive/ubuntu/lp1605278">https://launchpad.net/~nacc/+archive/ubuntu/lp1605278</a>. Please test
and report back in the bug (<a href="https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1605278" title="https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1605278">https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1605278</a>).

Thanks!
-Nish

Server Team Meeting minutes: 2016-07-12

Apologies for the delay. Full minutes and logs can be found at <a href="https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20160712" title="https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20160712">https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20160712</a>.

-Nish

Server Team Minutes for 2016-03-01

Here are the minutes from last week's ubuntu-server IRC meeting.
Apologies for the delay, but I was having issues with the wiki.

<a href="https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20160301" title="https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20160301">https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20160301</a>

Next meeting will be at Tuesday 2016-03-08 at 1600 UTC -
#ubuntu-meeting.

PHP7.0 transition and possible dependencies/breakage

Hello devs!

I have been looking into the realities/implications of moving from
PHP5.6 to PHP7.0 in main for Xenial.

tl;dr: The biggest issue is probably lack of PHP7.0 SWIG bindings.