DevHeads.net

Postings by Robert Lancaster

Recent Craft commit broke a recipe

Hi Hannah,

As you know I have been working to make craft recipes to build Kstars using craft. One of my recipes was recently broken by a craft commit. Could you help? The recipe is for netpbm. It worked well just 4 days ago, but now it fails with the latest update to craft. I can confirm that it works with "git checkout 312b48df2fb9cfa8a31efa0b85301875a9f9eadd” but with the most recent one it fails. I’m not sure what commit is causing the failure, but I am assuming it is the one right after the one I just pasted here.

A couple of questions

Hi Hannah,

First, thank you for your help last week. I fixed a few problems with my recipes where things changed since I worked on it this summer and now just about everything works again. Last summer I was at the point where there were just 3 things that I needed to install with homebrew to get KStars to fully build for Mac in craft. They included gpsd, fftw, and boost. After I did a little work this week, I think the recipes are back to that point again.

Build error for boost-regex on Mac

Hi Hannah and KDE windows,

I’m getting this build error when I try to install boost-regex using the standard blueprints in craft on Mac,

fatal error: 'cstddef' file not found"
/Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/kstars-craft/bin/bjam: b'# include <cstddef>'
/Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/kstars-craft/bin/bjam: b' ^~~~~~~~~'
/Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/kstars-craft/bin/bjam: b'1 error generated.'

I’m fairly sure that this file is already on my system, so I think it is a linking or blueprint error with craft.

Any ideas,

Thanks,

Rob

rpath issues

Hi Hannah,

I was working for a long time today with getting Qt to build in craft on my Mac and getting everything required for KStars to build properly on top of that since you told me I shouldn’t be using ~/Qt/5.11.1. The issue really comes down to one thing: @rpath.

Phonon not building in craft now

Hi Hannah,

I’m not sure what happened, but there seems to be an issue with the phonon installation in craft now. Without phonon, Kf5nofitications cannot build. From the log it looks like a path issue that results in a file not found error. Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Rob

Libraw failing

Hi Hannah,

Libraw seems to be failing to build sometimes with a bunch of errors. But then other times it says it succeeded. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Rob

Craft Error

Hi Hannah,

I got two new craft errors on OS X. It has been about a couple of weeks since I built KStars using craft, so I don’t know when the problems would have appeared. The first one was that it needed XML::Parser, so I tried

cpanm XML::Parser

And that seemed to fix that problem. I’m not sure if this needs to be stated as a requirement someplace, but I didn’t have to run that command before.

The other error is related to intltool. It says that my intltool is too old, but I believe it is included as a part of craft and if I am not mistaken, it is newer than 0.35.

Craft error on startup

Hi Hannah,

Craft has been working great for crafting kstars since you told me to blacklist kwallet, but just today an error appeared during the setup script for craft.

This command failed, where it has been working just fine for several weeks now:

wget <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KDE/craft/master/setup/CraftBootstrap.py" title="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KDE/craft/master/setup/CraftBootstrap.py">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KDE/craft/master/setup/CraftBootstrap.py</a> -O setup.py && python3.6 setup.py --prefix ${CRAFT_DIR}

I have attached two logs,

Thanks,

Rob

Translations

Hi Hannah,

Jasem was telling me today about a new translations feature that was implemented. He said there might be problems on Macs and Windows but that you are working on it. I tried his instructions and got partially there. I went to the directory I was building kstars. I used make fetch-translations and it acquired the po files. Then I did make and it made the mo files. Then I did make install and it put them into a subfolder called /share/locale. But it doesn’t show up in the program.

Some craft issues

Hi, this is Rob Lancaster. I have been working with the Mac version of KStars. We have been using an older version of craft because we have had problems with the latest version and I would like to correct them so we can use the latest version. We would like to have a fully automated script, since there are quite a few steps required for packaging up KStars and turning it into a dmg afterwards with all of the files and programs it needs. The goal is really to have the user just need to run one command and get a fully deployable dmg.

Recent KAuth build failure in Craft on Mac

Hi, this is Rob Lancaster. I help out with KStars coding. I mainly have been porting it to mac with several other people. We have been using Craft/emerge for building it for deployment which has worked very well overall for several months (except for several problems that Hannah von Reth has helped us with). But just the other day, a build error showed up that had not happened before. KAuth failed to build, which is of course a dependency, causing our whole build to fail.
I don't have GLIBC on my system of course and this appears to be the source of the error.