DevHeads.net

Postings by Rick Timmis

Help with Promotion and Marketing

Kubuntu needs you !

The Kubuntu Council need your help to extend our active community.

Minutes from 'Growing our Community, and Onboarding new people' meeting

The council discussed the following

*1 - How do we reach out to the community currently ?*

ML, IRC, Ubuntu Forum, ( The Forums don't work well for Kubuntu, the
community there can be rude. Not worth investing

Social Media - need to recruit people who like it. Facebook page is pretty
awful, folks ask support but no one responds.

Minutes from 'Growing our Community, and Onboarding new people' meeting

The council discussed the following

*1 - How do we reach out to the community currently ?*

ML, IRC, Ubuntu Forum, ( The Forums don't work well for Kubuntu, the
community there can be rude. Not worth investing

Social Media - need to recruit people who like it. Facebook page is pretty
awful, folks ask support but no one responds.

Minutes and Actions from Podcast Review & Planning meeting

Dear Friends

Many thanks to those that attended the Podcast Review meeting in Big Blue
Button.

We set out to address the following agenda items

1 - Review current status
2 - What do we want the show to be ?
3 - What do we need to put in place ? - i.e Action list
4 - Post Production support n Publishing
5 - AOB

Minutes

1 - Current Status

Looking back at last year, we see that we have circa 500 views per show,
which is rather poor!
For example the traction of "Quids Up" Channel which has a 17.04 Kubuntu
video
31K views.

Meeting to discuss Podcast - Mon 9th Oct 19:00 UTC

Good evening friends

Aaron, Ovi and Rick will be meeting in the BBB Conference Server to discuss
the Podcast.

There is a Task with Agenda details in our Phabricator

<a href="https://phabricator.kde.org/T7144" title="https://phabricator.kde.org/T7144">https://phabricator.kde.org/T7144</a>

We'd welcome you're comments, and input. Further more if you are able
please do join the meeting via you preferred medium ( Audio, Video, Chat )

We're really excited and looking forward to planning the next phase

Best Wishes
Rick Timmis

Growing our community, and Onboarding new people - Meeting Fri 13 Oct 21:00 UTC

Dear Friends

Following a successful Council and Community meeting, to introduce new
council members, and discuss the Kubuntu vision.

Kubuntu Council Minutes / Notes

Hello Friends

Thanks to the following attendee's

Clivejo, Ovidiu, Rik, mparillo, Valorie, and Simon for their attendance at
the meeting. We covered the following items, and those points that required
further action have been assigned to Phabricator Work Cards.

<a href="https://phabricator.kde.org/project/profile/214/" title="https://phabricator.kde.org/project/profile/214/">https://phabricator.kde.org/project/profile/214/</a>

*What are the motivators for joining the community ?*

Rik - Using and improving, feels like I have a sense of ownership.
and that I am sharing that with thousands of people.

New Councillors 'Vision' meeting

Friends, Developers and Councillors

I took the initiative to arrange for the Kubuntu Councillors to meet in our
BBB facility to introduce the recently elected new council members, and to
build upon our future vision.

An Agenda of discussion points, and notes has been defined as a Work card
in the Kubuntu Project of KDE Phabricator.

Here is a link

<a href="https://phabricator.kde.org/T7018" title="https://phabricator.kde.org/T7018">https://phabricator.kde.org/T7018</a>

Having poled the councillors for availability, the most appropriate date
and time was

Friday 27th September from 10 - 11pm Europe/London time

Join the meeting with any or all of (Audio, Video, Chat) at

http://